As engineers we need to know how the modern tech world started and for this we have to get back to the basics; assembling of a personal computer.
After you have all the computer parts in place, you get to learn arguably the most fun part of computers: putting the parts together. You don’t need many tools to assemble your computer, in fact the only one you must have is the screwdriver.
This event was mainly held for the FE’s and it did get a huge response from them. We, the IEEE committee, got to interact with the new comers and it was indeed a pleasure. They seemed to be a bunch of enthusiasts who want to grab any learning opportunity provided to them. To add the excitement burgers were served for refreshment. It was a super hit event with 84 participants.
Strives for the advancement of the theory and practice of electronic engineering with respect to the field of consumer electronics. The scope of technologies has expanded to reflect the influence of modern electronics on consumer products. The society sponsors two main conferences annually – the International Conference on Consumer Electronics and the International Symposium on Consumer Electronics.
There are various conferences coming up.
2012 IEEE Technology Time Machine (TTM) 23 May – 25 May 2012 | Dresden, Germany
2012 IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium 07 Oct – 10 Oct 2012 | Dresden, Germany
2012 IEEE 13th Annual Wireless and Microwave Technology Conference (WAMICON) 16 Apr – 17 Apr 2012 | Cocoa Beach, FL, USA
2012 IEEE 23rd International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC 2012) 09 Sep – 12 Sep 2012 | Sydney, Australia
2012 IEEE 9th International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI 2012) 02 May – 05 May 2012 | Barcelona, Spain
23rd International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications
09 Sep – 12 Sep 2012 | Sydney, Australia
Vehicle power and propulsion conference
09 Oct – 12 Oct 2012 | Seoul, Korea
The society covers all major areas of computing and information technology, including computer hardware, software development, multimedia, IT, security, networking, and mobile computing. Members get free access to hundreds of online training courses for Java, Cisco, XML, project management, IT security, and more. Members also get free access to an extensive collection of online books on a variety of technology topics. The society sponsors and/or co-sponsors hundreds of conferences each year.
Focuses on the application of the concepts and methods of the physical and engineering sciences to biology and to medicine. Major areas of technical interest include diagnostic systems, therapeutic systems, healthcare and bioinformation systems, and technologies and methodologies. The society sponsors the EMBS Annual International Conference.
4th October, 2009 was the day where the smartest brains in the world put their programming and logical skills to test in an international extravaganza.
After a very technical session on JDBC, we decided to go light. So, the next session was on Flash. Flash, a popular authoring software developed by Macromedia, is used to create vector graphics-based animation programs with full-screen navigation interfaces, graphic illustrations, and simple interactivity in an antialiased, resizable file format that is small enough to stream across a normal modem connection. Basically, it is used for animation. All the websites like IIT’s festivals and even NIRMAAN and SPACE(SPCE-SPIT’s festivals ) used FLASH . Flash calls in for creativity so this session saw students from all branches. It was a success . It also opened doors for students to become technical heads for college festivals. Creativity with technicality is a great combination!
Here is a list of facts about the IEEE.
• The IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional society with more than 360,000 members in more than 150 countries. It includes members who are practicing engineers, researchers, engineering professors, entrepreneurs, consultants, business owners and chief executives.
• The IEEE publishes a large portion of the world’s literature on electrical, electronics engineering, and computer and control technologies. The IEEE’s publications are among the world’s most highly cited.
• The IEEE has nearly 900 IEEE standards in use, with more than 700 in development at any one time. • The IEEE has 39 Societies and four Councils that focus on the technical needs of its members.
• Members have expertise in a wide range of technical areas — from aerospace, computers and telecommunications to biomedicine, electric power and consumer electronics.
• Members develop new technologies that can enhance people’s quality of life.
• Members and non-members around the globe support IEEE standards development, conferences and a wide range of issues that affect electrical, electronics and computer engineers and their companies.
• Members contribute thousands of hours to community and professional activities and organizations.
• Members receive awards and are recognized by the IEEE and other organizations for their community, professional and technical achievements.